Its workout of the week time and this week is an upper body blast. This little upper body circuit leaves no muscle feeling left out and is great, quick workout for an upper body day.
- 90 second rest in between sets
- 6 exercises – 3 supersets.
- All exercises are 3×8 which will build muscle and add strength.
- If you would rather build more strength than size, switch to heavier weights and lift 4sets of 5-6 reps.
- If you want to add muscle mass more than strength lower the weight and do higher reps 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Super setting means going back and forth between two exercises after each set.
- This is just an example of 1 day of a workout plan. I recommend an individualized workout plan for your specific needs: contact “Vaughan’s Fitness” here for more info.
- 5 Minute Cardio Warmup
- 10 Minutes Injury Prevention drills/dynamic stretches
(Superset 1a and 1b)
- 1a: Seated OverHead Dumbell Press (3×8)
- 1b: Lat Pulldowns (3×8)
(Superset 2a and 2b)
- 2a: Dips (3×8) – 1 full second down and explode up with the push. If body weight is too easy, add a weight belt.
- 2b: Bent Over Underhand Barbell Row (3×8) – Make sure you perform a correct hip hinge (how to hip hinge) The guy in this demo picture is not the perfect demo…
Superset 3a and 3b
- 3a: Skull Crushers (3×10)
- 3b: Barbell Bicep Curls (3×10)
Like and share this if you felt like it was a great workout and for me to add more just like it! If you have any questions on how to perform these exercises drop a line in the comment section below. For a program tailored to your needs, contact me here. We have Langleys best personal trainers to help you out.