Nov Updates – Masks
Masks are now mandatory for all individuals in public recreational settings. All staff will be wearing masks during training sessions and in the staff room.
Clients are now also required to wear masks while indoors.
We are limiting the total number of customers and trainers on the training floor to:
- Maximum of 4 trainers with 4 customers on the training floor for a maximum of 8 people.
- Maximum of 3 gym members working out by themselves on the training floor.
- The combined total of people (trainers and customers) on the training floor at one time is 11.
Further notes: We have a square footage of roughly 2500 square feet which gives us roughly 230 square feet of space between each person which is a very large area to comfortable social distance far further than the required 6 feet.
VF trainers and staff have use of our office for logging, scheduling and programming. We have space for a maximum of 5 occupants at one time. Each chair is spaced 6 feet apart from one another with adequate walking space to adhere to social distancing rules.
To ensure organisation of space and occupancy we have adminestered these procedures to the gym:
- All customers wishing to use the gym by themselves without a trainer must sign up through High Point’s Team Snap application. This ensure no more than 3 members are signing up for each hour.
- All booked hours must only enter at exactly their reserved spot, whether with a trainer or not.
- If a customer shows up early, they must wait in vehicle until their reserved time.
- To avoid grouping or passing by, customers are asked to exit the building 5 minutes before the end of the hour. This eliminates the passing of customers coming and going.
- VF trainers are managing the personal training customers schedule to ensure that no more than 4 training sessions are occuring at one time.
All current and new members are emailed new saftey and health procedures. This information includes booking procedures and changes to how one administers themselves once at and in the gym.
There are also signs before you enter the gym and in the gym, regarding saftey procedures and protocols.
Customers are also informed that if they are experiencing signs and symptoms of a cold or flu, that they must not attempt the gym with no exceptions. Vaughan’s Fitness has also eased our late cancelation policy to allow customers to be honest about possible symptoms.
If a customer or trainer has been in contact or is showing cold or flu symptoms, they must self isolate for 2 weeks with no symptoms before returning to the gym.
All trainers have been informed of the new procedures and are adhering to all procedures.
All trainers have had the opportunity to provide input at not only navigating the Fraser Health guidelines, but their own personal comfort and safety precautions.
Trainers have received verbal and written guidelines to adhere to for safe operations and procedures.
Stairways: Signs have been posted to ensure only 1 person on the stair case at one time.
- Booking procedures are in place to ensure we have a limit of total occupancy.
- Signs and communication has been administered to ensure all customers and trainers know to keep 6 feet apart and to properly socially distance.
- All equipment has been seperated to also help with social distancing.
- All trainers have been trained to administer training procedures that allow them to maintain safe distance, not only between themselves and the customer they are training, but to everyone in the gym.
- Trainers have been advised to use the gym in quadrants. We only have 4 trainers on the floor with a huge open space of 2500 square feet. Seperating the gym into 4 sections allows our trainers to have huge amounts of space to work within.
- This huge amount of space allows safe walking pathways around anyone working out in the gym.
- Chairs have been seperated by 6 feet and tables have been moved to provide adequate distancing between trainers working in the back office. We have a max of 5 work stations for employees in the back room.
Waiting area has been removed temporarily and only 1 person at a time use of the cubbies for customers keys.
Changerooms: Only 1 member at a time for use of toilet only. Signs have been posted and communication has been sent regarding changerooms. Showers, changin area and steam room are unavailable at this time.
Contactless payment methods are available to all customers. These include automatic billing for HP memberships and payment methods to VF through e-transfer or paypal.
We have 8 stations with hand sanitizer at our entry/exit point, at the top of the stairs, at the entrance to the office, and at various stations throughout the gym. Also hand washing soap in all bathrooms. There are also 6+ lined bins in the gym for ease of disposal.
We have easy access stations within seconds reach of all machines and equipment. Customers and trainers are to clean each item they use or touch before and after each use. Wipes and solutions are readily available at 6+ stations throughout the gym. Customers and trainers are also to clean hands on entry and exit of gym.
All equipment has been moved and distanced to enhance the ease of adhering to the social distancing guidelines.
We are not administering any group classes currently.
We are allowing doubles training only to partners who live under the same roof.
Virtual training is available to customers not comfortable face to face or during quarantine period timelines.
As stated previously. Customers are advised to leave a few minutes early and customers showing up are to wait in vehicles until the exact time their hour starts to avoid grouping.
Trainers have been educated to keep 6 feet distance while they monior their customer during training sessions. We are setting up stations before hand to avoid passing back and forth weights and equipment.
Hands are washed before touching equipment and all equipment is washed after use.
Trainers and customers are advised to wear masks for any prolonged periods of time within 6 feet of each other. These activites may include spotting, or hands on stretching, soft tissue release or FST. Hand sanitization is mandatory for both parties in these situations.
Only 4 trainers working at 1 time within the gym and 5 max in the office.
All trainers will be wearing masks on the training floor. If trainers can not maintain social distancing in the office, masks must be worn.
All equipment must be cleaned after every use.
Signs have been posted and are easily visible regarding safe practice. Emails to customers have also been sent as well as education to trainers.
Professional cleaners have also been hired to santize the gym throughout the week.
Or Contact Us For More Info
What our customers are saying
Start for free
Free consultation and 2 free sessions. No obligation. Simply fill out your name and email and we will get right back to you! There is no reason to not take the first step with our amazing training options, competitive rates, cancel at any time policy, and individualised training designed for YOU.