Glutes and Core Workout “Butt Workout”
Last week I posted a 6 week body building workout that was mostly popular among the guys. This is not to say that women can’t benefit from a muscle building program. There are many benefits to building muscle such as burning more calories, injury prevention and a better well being.
This week will cater (by request) more to the females with a glute and core workout. This type of workout is a big craze and there are many fitness videos and products out there targeting the glutes. You may have heard of the “Brazilian Butt Workout” or “Buns of Steel.” This is a free workout that offers the same benefits!
Men should never forget this area as well. The glutes are the powerhouse of the body. Any jumping, sprinting, power speed activity will need strong glutes and hips, along with a properly functioning core.
- 30 second rest in between sets
- 2×15 = 2 sets of 15 repetitions
- Should take about 30-40 Minutes
- This is a general workout. For an individualized workout for you contact us here.
- 5-10 Minute Cardio Warmup (Stepper or jog treadmill recommended)
- 2×15 Storks
- 2×15 Single Leg Body Weight Squats (Use support if needed)
- 2×20 Single Leg Glute Bridge
- Goblet Squats (3×10) (Grab a dumbell or kettlebell that is challenging for 10 reps)
- Side Lunges with Dumbbells (3×10 each side)
- Reverse Lunge with Knee Drive (3×10 a side)
- Side Bridge (2×15)
- Glute Bridge Marches (2×10 each side)
- Windshield Wipers (2×10 each side)
- Bonus Challenge (swiss ball twists 2×10)
There you have it. An awesome glute and core blast! If you have any questions on how to perform these exercises drop a line in the comment section below. For a program tailored to your needs, contact me here.