Full Body Athletic Workout
This is a full body athletic workout that I like to do to work on my explosiveness and power while also getting a good full body workout. In the off season I would usually do this once a week, as I don’t do too many high intensity workouts when rest, muscular re-balance, injury prevention and general conditioning are important. This is a great workout for general conditioning.
- 90 second rest in between sets
- Should take about 45 Minutes
- This is a general full body athletic workout. I recommend an individualized workout for your specific needs contact “Vaughan’s Fitness” here for more info.
- 5 Minute Cardio Warmup
- 10 Minutes Injury Prevention drills/dynamic stretches
- 1 Hand DB Push Press (3×8) – I sometimes use cables for this as well. Perform by sinking the hips into a 1/4 squat and explode through the hips while over head pressing the db or cable.
- DB Push Up Row (3×10) – Push up and then row with each arm before the next push-up.
- Step Up Jumps (3×10 each leg) – Grab DB’s totaling 10% of your body weight to make this more challenging but still keep the explosiveness.
- KettleBell Swings (3×10) – For great power production through your hips and a metabolic blast. Grab a Dumbbell if KettleBells arent available.
- Swiss Ball Twists (3×10 each side) – Grab a plate or a DB for added resistance.
- Barbell Bus Drivers (2×10) – Explode through the hip to get the Barbell accelerating from one side to the other. To secure the barbell into the ground either wrap a towel around the end of the barbell and edge it into the wall, or use the hole in the middle of a 45 plate for support.
- Ice Skater Plyos (30 seconds x 2) – As a linear athlete I throw some lateral movement exercises in for balance and injury prevention.
There you have it. An awesome athletic full body power blast! If you have any questions on how to perform these exercises drop a line in the comment section below. For a program tailored to your needs, contact me here. We have Langleys best personal trainers to help you out.